2500 curriculum planning resources and activities
Early childhood educators around the world use this best-selling resource to plan daily curriculum and classroom activities. It contains 76 different themes—ranging from ants to zoo animals—presented in alphabetical order. Content for each theme includes the following sections: Curriculum Flowchart, Theme Goals, Concepts for Children to Learn, Vocabulary, Bulletin Board Ideas, Sample Parent Letter, Arts and Crafts, Cooking, Dramatic Play, Field Trips, Fingerplays/Chants, Group Time, Science, Math, Sensory, Large Motor, Fine Motor, Social Studies, Books, Recordings and Song Titles, and Technology/Multimedia Resources. Updated book sections for each theme include hundreds of new children's literature references with a special emphasis on multicultural selections. In addition, this sixth edition includes a brand new four-color insert, "Using the Digital Camera in the Early Childhood Classroom." The text is accompanied by a companion website that contains important assessment tools, lesson plan forms, rainy day activities, developmental checklists, classroom artifacts, and much more.
Creative Resources for the Early Childhood Classroom, Sixth Edition, includes:
- Comprehensive themes—illuminated by 2500 activities and resources—that provide an entire curriculum
- Songs, chants, recipes, motor activities, arts and crafts, dramatic play ideas, and finger-plays are included for each theme—and so much more!
- Comprehensive listings of current and classic children's literature to support each theme
New to this edition:
- Five brand new multicultural themes—Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Diwali, Kwanzaa, and Ramadan—have been written exclusively for this edition to provide new multicultural curriculum ideas
- New green themes—such as "Caring for our Earth"—address the growing interest in early childhood environmental education
- A new 24-page four-color insert, "Using the Digital Camera in the Early Childhood Classroom," provides teachers with current approaches to instruction. Each classroom artifact showcased in the insert is aligned with the appropriate NAEYC teaching standard.
- Hundreds of new citations have been added with a special emphasis on new multicultural children's literature
- New Technology/Multimedia Resources have been added to each theme to extend teaching and learning opportunities
- Over 2500 new early childhood resources and activities provide fresh early childhood curriculum ideas
- Content has been revised to align with current NAEYC guidelines for Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) and Effective Teaching
- An expanded Appendix on Multicultural Materials for the Early Childhood Classroom
Age focus: 2–6. Softbound, 768 pgs.