Appendix B > Environment Planning Worksheet
This worksheet should be completed by a team of staff and parents or an advisory commit-
tee to design or redesign an environment that meets the needs of children and staff. Honest
answers are needed to make this planning effective. You may find older children’s input can be
useful in this process too.
1. What does our program value?
2. What goals do we have for the children enrolled in our program?
3. Most of the time, our children enjoy the following activities:
4. Our current environment supports children’s needs in the following ways:
5. Our current environment does not support children’s needs in the following ways:
6. We see the following as roadblocks to creating or redesigning the environment:
From Great Afterschool Programs and Spaces That Wow! by Linda J. Armstrong and Christine A. Schmidt, © 2013.
Published by Redleaf Press, www.redleafpress.org. This page may be reproduced for classroom use only.