From Family Child Care Homes: Creative spaces for Children to Learn by Linda J. Armstrong, © 2012.
Published by Redleaf Press, www.redleafpress.org. This page may be reproduced for provider use only.
A Day in the Life of Your Program Questionnaire
• What is the first thing the children and their families see or hear when they enter your home?
• Is there at least one place for each child’s personal belongings?
• Is this space accessible for the child’s use without adult assistance?
• Can children find and return their belongings without adult assistance?
• What behaviors do the children display when they leave their families and start their day with you?
• What areas do children go to when they arrive?
• Is the environment in your home supportive of children as independent learners?
• Are there “traffic jams” as children go from one place to another?
• Do the pathways disrupt play areas?
• Are the play areas too big or too small for the number of children in them?
• What areas are used most? Least? Not at all?
FCCHomesFinal.indd 2 5/26/11 1:32 PM